Thursday, June 15, 2006

In My Dreams

Travel, trekking, trips, sojourns, odysseys of my childhood, journeys of my imagination, migrations of my spirit, ventures for my soul: of these I sing.

My existential state.

Either I am now lost in a forest night of endless confusion ...self-exiled in a limbo for failure to materialize Confucian virtue ...or, I am about to emerge from some midlife exoskeleton as a wiser, keener, realer version of myself.

Perhaps... I will become a story teller, perhaps a medium- maybe both ("in my dreams").

Yes. In my dreams.

"Oh! Impractical dreamer. You exist between the 'worlds' and bear the currency of neither...for you are the BEARER OF CHIMAERA, MAYA, SAMSARA...a Ganeshi, you are the kirtan singer of the transient..."

"Is that, then, my karma yoga?"

"Alas, no. It is your yoke."

4 Comments:

At 1:16 PM, Blogger Barbara Bruederlin said...

hahaha I read it as "karamel yogurt" - but that would be a wee drop of dyslexia coming forth.

"midlife exoskeleton" - I like that.

 
At 4:35 PM, Blogger chuck said...

"Karamel yogurt" would substitute nicely...and, I have never tried karamel yogurt- sounds yummy!

A wee drop of dyslexia and karamel yogurt is what makes the Dance Of Life on Fortune's Wheel worthwhile.

Or was I meaning THIS IS YOUR LIFE on The Wheel Of Fortune?- who knows?

 
At 5:52 AM, Blogger Zhoen said...

And I read the last line as
It is your Joke.

 
At 10:40 PM, Blogger chuck said...

Zhoen- Lots of the time I think of my writing and my ruminating as ONE BIG JOKE...still, it is a habit...or maybe, an addiction.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home