Tuesday, February 06, 2007

WOULDN'T IT BE 'LOVERLY', IN A 'GOLDEN FLEECE' WAY

every day i am not flying in, sitting in, or driving, a vehicle

i feel more peaceful

not saintly peaceful

just everyday peaceful

as i have time to talk

to draw

to calligraph

to cook

to read

to swim...

and i am consuming less

fossil fuel...

wouldn't it be a kinda 'golden fleece'

if it really were about

wagin' peace...


(as to what i am "up to" these days, only the "shadow" knows--and she's not tellin')

2 Comments:

At 12:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hmm... stimulus and response... positively scientific!

You know, in the past couple years, almost everything I do is within walking distance, including the jobs I've had. On average, I think I take the car out less than once a week. I gotta tell ya, Chuck, I'm totally loving that. You're exactly right--it is peaceful. It's good. Very, very good. It's become a lifestyle priority for me.

 
At 10:09 AM, Blogger LJ said...

As a non-driver all my life - welcome. Welcome to knowing exactly where things are, for instance, without ever remembering a street name. And to the old lady, confined to her bedroom, who always waves and comments about the weather when you walk by...to the trees that feel like they're yours...
Nice to see you writing here, Chuck.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home