Monday, September 04, 2006

they said things their compatriots did not want to hear...

WHY DO THEY SAY "NO ONE LIKES A SMART-ASS"?

A FEW PEOPLE LIKE SMART-ASSES...OTHER SMART-ASSES DO.

WHY BE A SMART-ASS...(ALWAYS WHY, WHY...)

AS IN...I DARE YOU TO NOT LIKE ME...

BUT I AM TIRED OF THAT DARE. TOO MANY PEOPLE HAVE 'CALLED MY BLUFF' !

"I DARE YOU TO LIKE ME?"
DOESN'T WORK...AND ISN'T IT PAST TIME TO GRADUATE SECOND GRADE?

I LIKE SMART-ASSES BECAUSE I AM ONE.

AND, BECAUSE I RECOGNIZE THE SO-CALLED "POPULARITY PROBLEM" ASSOCIATED WITH SMART 'ASSEDOSIS', I RESPECT AND USUALLY LIKE OTHER SMART-ASSES.

SMART-ASSES TEND TO POINT OUT SOCIAL INANITIES AND SOMETIMES, INSANITIES OF THE PROFOUNDLY ANTISOCIAL, YET SOCIALLY ACCEPTABLE VARIETY-- LIKE TORTURE, WAR, OVERDRUGGING OF CHILDREN, AND OTHER 'MODERN SOCIAL CONVENIENCES'.

WHICH IS WHY "SMART-ASSES" LIKE GALILEO, JOAN OF ARC, ETHEL AND JULIUS ROSENBERG, DR. M.L. KING, ROBERT KENNEDY, MALCOLM X WERE "OFFED" BY THEIR SO-CALLED PATRIOTIC COMPATRIOTS...

THESE "SMART-ASSES" SAID THINGS THEIR COMPATRIOTS DID NOT WANT TO HEAR.

THEY PAID A HIGH PRICE FOR THEIR DECISION TO BE SMART-ASSES!



8 Comments:

At 10:29 AM, Blogger Jess D'Zerts said...

Chuck, hiya, I hope. I tried to leave comments on the previous two posts a few days ago, but I see they disappeared into cyberspace without a trace. I don't have much confidence in this one either, but hey, we'll see. :-)

 
At 12:05 PM, Blogger LJ said...

It's the price though, right? Of being a smart-ass. Basically, you have a target painted on your forehead. Which some people politely ignore (suspecting the same target may be on their own forehead - or would be if they were saying what they were thinking)...

Other people aim and shoot. Ask Galileo if that isn't true!

I'm kind of proudly a smart-ass. But I like the expression - and I like other smart-asses too. I've just gotten old enough to realize there is a certain wisdom in the "no one likes" saying & survival value in keeping that forehead down once in a while.

Really, Chuck. The parade IS going the wrong way, don't you think? Has been for years!

Love,

LJ

 
At 4:30 PM, Blogger chuck said...

LJ-
Yup. The parade is definitely going the WRONG WAY!

lOVE,

cd
p.s. I asked Galileo (took awhile to locate him)--and he said yes! it is true! (Was he the dude who said the earth spins around...and goes around the sun--like... " oh m'gawd, what was he on?"c.d.

 
At 5:00 PM, Blogger chuck said...

Jess-
Hey...it worked...and I left a comment on your blogs on the goings on in your most exciting apartment complex.

My suspicions are Frederick from Hollyrood or most SECRETive Victoria may have had a roll to play in the recent flareups. Quien sabe: who knows...?

 
At 6:25 AM, Blogger Patry Francis said...

There are good smart asses who make a contribution with their contrary views, and there are those who just use their cleverness to jeer at others. I think the latter gave the former a bad rep.

 
At 6:59 AM, Blogger chuck said...

Clever folks are simply glib.

"Smart asses" (to my way of thinking)speak from the HEART, are INTELLIGENT, and on the basis of CONSCIENCE, TAKE ACTION.

The current U.S. Administration is full of CLEVER folks: they thumb their noses at a huge majority of the WORLD'S PEOPLE.

 
At 9:23 PM, Blogger Zhoen said...

Loose cannons like smart asses too.

 
At 2:16 AM, Blogger chuck said...

The tally is in...and the concensus is:

NO-ONE LIKES A SMART-ASS...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home