Tuesday, July 04, 2006

please bear with me

did you know that 'omg' means "oh my god"
and 'lol' means "laugh out loud"
and having read all of proust and joyce, nin and sappho
makes you 'literati sans pareil' (mucho literary)

hey i'm just learning These in's and out's
so please snicker a little more softly
i may be a naïf... but, hey...
this dog (me) is hoping to learn new Tricks...and

Genres
motifs
modes
styles
paradigms
idioms
Symbols
subtleties
gestalten
Weltanschauungen
la vie literaire
les belles lettres
la vida preciosa
la casa de la intelligentsia
l'imprimatur de la yada yada
l'insignificance de l'ennui
y mas yada yada

so please, s'il vous plaît,
bear with me

10 Comments:

At 6:19 AM, Blogger Vithal said...

ya looks like france may actially take the cup.. would be fitting for zidane though.. being his last match and all

 
At 10:29 AM, Blogger chuck said...

LEAZWELL
Thanks...all encouragement welcome!

 
At 10:41 AM, Blogger Vithal said...

france all the way...

zidane is way too good this time.. and he deserves to end his career with a world cup

 
At 10:41 AM, Blogger chuck said...

VITHAL
I'm cheering for Italy, so I can celebrate with a nice bowl of pasta and a glass of Chianti...ciao.

 
At 4:35 PM, Blogger chuck said...

VIVE LE WORLD CUP!

 
At 4:38 PM, Blogger LJ said...

Oh. I adore this one. You are SO much more forgiving of these offenses against language than I am.

 
At 8:32 PM, Blogger Ritwik Deo said...

That was some impressive OED twisting!

 
At 5:06 AM, Blogger Patry Francis said...

I guess I need to learn a couple of new tricks, too. What's Weltanschauungen?

 
At 8:57 AM, Blogger chuck said...

Hi Patry

Weltanschauungen is how they say 'world view' or 'life perspective' in Germany...

Hey...thanks for dropping by my porch...I'm thinking of painting the porch: whaddaya think?

 
At 11:26 AM, Blogger Barbara Bruederlin said...

I have to get my kid to translate netspeak for me all the time. And I never thought I would be learning another language at my age.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home