Sunday, June 25, 2006

"oh georgie...we hardly knew ya"

Once upon a time there was a time of semi-innocence
when a lad (me) whose parents were on a round-the-world "mission"
for the foundation of ford...

when this lad in order to learn to drink tea with LOLs (little old ladies)
went to PA (phillips andover) in andover MA (mass) where he learned the ins and outs of bushian (gwb) elitism...

as in the dean of andover (dean benedict) was a houseguest at the bush's place in kennebunkport, ME
(maine) on a regular summer basis (georgie's daddy's summer place)headmaster john kemper was a guest there too according to mike kaiser
andover student and bush family friend...

anyway georgie called the new 'lower' (sophomore) at andover JEWBOY (me) which I suppose I should have been grateful for...

but instead I left Andover at the end of the year somewhat disillusioned and disheartened by the ability of prep school lads to be seduced by a lord-of- the-flies mentality...

anyway gwb and ghwb didn't have such pronounced texas twangs back in 1961 ghwb the PA of gwb grew up in greenwich, CN (connecticut) which like kennebunkport must be a suburb of dallas...

anyway I believe I have paid enough attention to the little ignorant SOB
who always had a "patsy" bodyguard with him (LOL...hee hee)...

he continues with his BS only now it is about WMDs, CEOs, ICBMs and other issues way beyond his ken (KEN:understanding)...

"OH GEORGIE, WE HARDLY KNEW YA"

8 Comments:

At 12:40 PM, Blogger Barbara Bruederlin said...

What an amazing tale. How interesting that the twangs have been carefully cultured since then.

 
At 7:08 PM, Blogger chuck said...

Since ANDOVER and ABBOT Academies merged, I believe the coeducational ANDOVER provides a happier and more socially responsible social, and educational, experience than it did in 1960. There were some good 'guys' there in 1960. One, Bill Smoyers, gave his life for his country in VIETNAM.

He would have snickered at GW Bush's arrogant DULCE ET DECORUM EST PRO PATRIA MORI('sweet and noble to die for one's country')attitude.

 
At 7:55 PM, Blogger chuck said...

LEAZWELL: By the way, thanks for commenting!

 
At 2:32 AM, Blogger LJ said...

No place to comment on the poem "colorless"...which I thought was really good.
Hope you don't mind me saying so here, Chuck.

 
At 7:15 AM, Blogger chuck said...

LJ: I am glad you appreciated the poem, "Colorless".

My Andover classmate who was a Vietnam War casualty- and who had a great sense of humor as well as a winning smile- was WILLIAM 'BILL' SMOYER (not Smoyers which I wrote above).

 
At 9:36 AM, Blogger Ritwik Deo said...

Chuk, I can't even rant against bush. I would be denied a visa if a moronic immigration official comes across it.

 
At 1:50 PM, Blogger Jess D'Zerts said...

Thanks, Chuck, good to have a little first-hand testimony on the bush we love to hate...

 
At 10:47 AM, Blogger chuck said...

JESSIE

Thanks for stopping by!

I don't hate the guy...I think he and his junta are taking the USA on a bummer of a 'new direction', and it will take a long time to clean up the mess he is bequeathing us...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home